The weather is blah, the holiday’s are over, time to get inspired and shake those winter blues. Here are 5 tips to help inspire you and enjoy this time of the year.
- Get inspired with cooking. Pull out those recipe books or your recipe box and just start flipping through them. Tell yourself, “I’ve always wanted to try to make….” And then try it! Red Velvet Cake, homemade soup from your own broth or crock pot cooking. Share your cooking at work or with extended family. It’s a good time to go through your spice cabinet or freezer and see what inspires you – or in the very least throw some things out.
- Clean out the junk drawer. The easiest way to do this is to dump the entire drawer in a box. Leave the box nearby and only pull out what you need when you need it and put it in the drawer. After 2 weeks or 1 month, throw away the box (or hide it the basement if you are still unsure).
- Pinterest – this is a great website that you can just get lost in and enjoy every minute of great ideas, tips, design styles – once you get hooked, it’s hard to look away and it will inspire you!
- Spend a day with a grandparent and go through the family photos. Make notes on the back of the pictures, get to know them in a different light and enjoy those memories.
- Take a class, learn a hobby. Look at your local community college, local museum or even your local Y. You can learn to paint, learn more about an exhibit or zumba.
Which one are you going to choose?