- Make pie dough and cakes ahead of time, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in freezer bags. If you are making them enough ahead of time freeze them, or refrigerate if it is only a couple days ahead.
- Make your sauce, stocks, or gravy ahead of time and store in air tight jars or containers.
- Cook items like potatoes ahead of time, freeze them on a baking sheet in a single layer so that they do not stick together. Once frozen completely transfer to a plastic container of freezer bag.
- Bread for stuffing can be cut the day before, store it in a paper bag.
- Have your turkey seasoned and in the pan the night before. In the morning all you have to do is put it in the oven.
- Chop all your vegetables the day before and store in plastic containers of plastic bags.
Share your make-ahead tips with us, we would love to hear what you do to simplify your Thanksgiving meal.