Healthy lunch options can get pretty boring and new ideas are often hard to think of, spice up your lunch hour with this pulled pork salad!
- 8 oz. cooked pulled pork (warm or room temperature)
- 3 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1½ Tbs. canola oil, or other neutral-flavored oil
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar, light
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 5 oz. mixed salad greens (10 cups lightly packed)
- 1 large peach, pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. almonds, sliced and toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, brown sugar, ginger, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the greens, peach, onion, and cilantro. Add some of the dressing and toss. Arrange the salad on a platter or plates and top with the pork. Drizzle some of the remaining dressing over the pork, top with the almonds, and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of The Iowa Food & Family Project.