Heart of Bacon
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Lay a long piece of tin foil on a cookie sheet for easy clean up
3. Cut the bacon into 5 inch strips
4. Lay the bacon in a heart shape on the cookie sheet. Make sure to pinch the corners.
5. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until done.
Heart Shaped French Toast Stuffed with Nutella, Strawberries and Whipped cream:
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Thick sliced bread
- Strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- Whipped Cream
1. In a shallow dish, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla and nutmeg until well-mixed. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter, a sharp paring knife or kitchen shearers to cut a heart shape out of each piece of bread.
2. Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Dip each piece of heart-shaped bread into the egg mixture so the liquid soaks into the bread. Cook the bread for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Remove to a plate and repeat the process until all the bread is cooked.
3. Spread nutella on one slice of cooked bread, then top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream. Repeat with another layer of bread, strawberries, whipped cream and then a final piece of French toast. Dollop a bit of whipped cream on top and serve immediately.
Sweetheart Cinnamon Rolls:
- Store bought cinnamon rolls
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Carefully unroll the dough and shape into a heart. Pinch in the middle and fold over the pinch to make point.
- Place in a pan or cookie sheet. Bake for slightly less time than recommended since they will cook faster with smaller rolls.
- Frost with the provided frosting and then add the sprinkles.
For other great recipes and decorations ideas for the holiday, check out our Machine Shed Valentine’s Day Pinterest board!