Ingredients: Serves 8
|4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces|
|10 baby red potato, quartered|
|1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces|
|4 cup water,|
|1 (4 pound) corned beef brisket, with spice packet|
|6 ounces of beer|
|1⁄2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped|
- Place carrots, potatoes and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and put the brisket on top of the vegetables.
- Pour beer over the brisket.
- Sprinkle the spices from the packet, cover and set the cooker on High.
- Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.