Want to create something special for your loved one this Valentine’s Day? These romantic home-cooked meals are the perfect way to how someone you care – and better yet, you won’t break the bank!
If you don’t feel like cooking, no worries! Let the Machine Shed take care of you and your loved ones this Valentine’s Day.
Stuffed Flank Steak with Prosciutto and Mushrooms
This delicious meal from A Spicy Perspective is easy to make and pairs well with any of your favorite veggies! The flank steak is stuffed with a blend of spicy arugula and prosciutto which adds the perfect amount of saltiness.
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 8 ounces wild mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 bunch fresh arugula
- 6 pieces of prosciutto
- 8 thin slices of provolone
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- *Kitchen Twine
- Heat a LARGE (12-13 inch) skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until soft—about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté another 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Lay the flank steak on a work surface and place a piece of plastic wrap over the top. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, POUND the steak into a 9X12 inch rectangle—1/4 inch thick.
- Lay the cheese over the steak, leaving a 2-3 inch area uncovered along one long edge. Next, lay the mushrooms over the cheese, followed by the prosciutto and arugula leaves.
- Starting with the long edge covered with ingredients, carefully roll the flank steak. Tie the steak roll in 4 places with kitchen twine. Mix 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, paprika and flour and rub over the roll.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Carefully place the steak roll in skillet and sear 5-8 minutes turning to brown on all sides.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until cooked through and cheese is melted—30 minutes. Tent with foil and let the meat rest for 10 minutes, then carefully slice in ½ inch pieces.
Vegan Penne Pasta with Vodka Cream Sauce
This is an easy, delicious vegan dish from My Darling Vegan! Impress your significant other with this delectable blend of vodka cream sauce and noodles!
- Vodka Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 small white onion , diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 4 cup good-quality vodka
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- fresh basil, for garnish
- vegan parmesan
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Combine cashews with 1/2 cup water in a high-powered blender like a VitaMix. Blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a large pot. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, cashew cream, and vodka and cook for another 7 minutes at a low simmer, stirring occasionally. Flavor with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in cooked penne pasta. Serve with vegan parmesan and fresh basil.
Make sure to cook the vodka in the sauce for at least 7 minutes to burn off most the alcohol.