- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease two cookie sheets and set to the side.
3. Beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until it is smooth and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla then mix until it is well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and the cinnamon. Add to the butter mixture and beat until it is combined, then stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
5. Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place onto the baking sheets that you set aside, about 2 inches apart. Lightly press down to flatten each dough ball.
6. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the center still looks a little doughy (these will set once they are done cooling). Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, then remove to a wire rack so it can cool completely.