Oops! In case you happened to notice, we forget to include the hollandaise sauce ingredients for the Machine Shed Farmer’s Benedict in our new cookbook. It is such a delicious part of the recipe that we wanted to make sure you had it. You can find the rest of the recipe on pages 46 and 47 of the ‘Rise and Shine’ Chapter.
|1 Tbsp.||lemon juice|
|1/2 cup (1 stick)||butter, cut into 6 pieces|
1. Cut the butter into six pieces and bring it to room temperature; allow about 45 minutes.
2. In the top of a double boiler combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, and water.
3. Add a piece of the butter. Place over gently boiling water (upper pan should not touch water).
4. Cook, stirring rapidly with a whisk until butter melts and sauce begins to thicken. Sauce may appear to curdle at this point but will smooth out when remaining butter is added.
5. Add the remaining butter, a piece at a time, stirring constantly until melted.
6. Continue to cook and stir for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
7. Immediately remove from heat. If the sauce is too thick or curdles, immediately whisk in 1 to 2 tablespoons of hot water.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.