Take the stress out of your holiday prep by and simplify your upcoming gathering by letting us do the baking this year. We understand just how important dessert is for your family’s holiday dinner – because lets face it, memories are made sweet – which is why we offer our delicious and freshly baked pies for order during every holiday season! So, take a load off, relax, and spend your precious time with the ones you love. Below are a few pies we offer, as well as some pro-tips from our Easy As Pie E-Book for those of you DIY-er’s! Click here to view the whole list of pies to choose form.
Some of our favorite classics:
Dutch Apple Pie
Chocolate Cream Pie
Some Pro-Tips for Pie Hits:
- To thin your pie filling, adding fruit juices works as a good agent. Apple juice works as a universal fruit juice thinner, but experimenting with other fruit juices can change the taste of your pie!
- If you need to thicken your pie filling, you must create a mixture of corn starch and water; however, using too much corn starch will cause the filling to taste pasty. Keep it minimal, and the mixture will do its magic during the baking process!
- Cloudy filling means that it was made too far ahead of time or was not cooked enough.
- Make sure to use a clean, dry pan for your pie or else the crust may stick!
- Don’t: overwork the crust. Keep the process minimal by only working it until wet all the way through and the shortening is in pea-sized pieces.
- A soggy crust is due to quickened process, so make sure to take your time that all temperature necessities are met. For example, adding the pie filling when it is still hot and not at room temperature can cause the pie crust to absorb its juice.
- Hard crusts are a result from the margarine or butter being too hot when mixing the crust.
- Crusts that are dry and crumbly don’t have enough butter or margarine in it to stick the ingredients together, or the crust was not pressed well enough onto the pan.
No matter what you decide to do for your holiday pies this year, Machine Shed is always here to guide you in the right direction – and also provide back-up! We here at Machine Shed wish you and yours a very happy holiday season!