Love is in the air this week and we think it is important to let all those special people in your life know exactly why you think they are awesome! This craft is a fun and cute way to show someone that you care about them – and better yet it is easy to do! So skip your traditional Valentine’s Day card that you buy from the store and make these adorable Valentine Fortune Cookies for your loved ones!
- Color or patterned paper for the fortune cookies
- White paper strips for the fortunes
- Glue stick
- Colorful pend
- Cut out a circle from your pattern paper with 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Add glue to the inside top edge of the circle, then match the opposite edge with it. Do not press a crease along the center.
- Insert your paper fortune before the next step.
- Hold the glued edge with one hand and with the other pull the ends of the fortune cookie together. As you do this, guide the glued edge to fold over and lay flat.
- Make any adjustments to the shape of the fortune cookie.
- Dab a little glue on the fold and pinch your cookie together until it holds.