Tomorrow is National Chili Day and what better way to embrace such a delicious holiday than to make the Machine Shed’s hearty chili at home! Not only is it easy to make, but it’s perfect for these cold winter months. If it is just one of those nights that you just don’t feel like cooking though, we totally get it – so if that’s the case then head on in to the Shed to get a bowl!
- (2) 28-ounce cans kidney beans, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion
- 24 ounces tomato juice
- 8 ounces red sweet peppers, diced
- (2) 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dice onion into large chunks.
- Combine ground beef and the diced onion in large stockpot. Cook and stir over medium heat until beef is brown. Drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for an hour, stirring occasionally.