Join us for a SPUDTACULAR event! The Big Idaho Potato Truck will be at the Urbandale Machine Shed Restaurant on Tuesday, October 26 from 1PM – 7PM with a 4 TON POTATO delivery!
There will be tractor rides from 3PM-6PM, games, giveaways, and a live radio segment from 4PM-6PM with Big John from KJJY! Plus spec-taters can have their pictures taken with the famous spud, so we encourage kids to wear their Halloween costumes! A Big Helping will donate to the Wildwood Hills Ranch for at risk children in our area.
The Big Idaho Potato Truck is on its 9th cross-country journey! It began in 2012 to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Idaho Potato Commission. It travels the country promoting the certified heart-healthy Idaho potato and its mission to help small charities in towns and cities with its A Big Helping program.
View how this spud is built!
Tater trivia from the Idaho Potato Commission:
- This tater would take over 7,000 years to grow.
- It weighs 4 tons, equaling 21,562 medium-sized Idaho® potatoes.
- The potato is 802 times heavier than the largest potato ever grown, which weighed 11 pounds.
- Plan on waiting 2 years for it to bake.
- It would make 20,217 servings of mashed potatoes.
- It would easily make over 1 million average-sized French fries.
Check out what it takes to get Idaho® potatoes to your plate!
Stop into the Shed to load up on our World Famous Baked Potato Soup! It is made with creamy white chowder loaded with tender Idaho red potatoes, topped with colby cheese, green onions and crispy bacon.