Machine Shed Blog
May is National Salad Month and we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than sharing the Machine Shed’s BBQ Brisket Salad recipe. Try it at home or stop into the Shed and give it a try! You can also find this recipe, along with many other Shed favorites in the Machine Shed Cookbook – available in the gift shop!
Machine Shed BBQ Brisket Salad
- ½ cup spring mix
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup large diced cooked bacon
- 4 slices of brisket
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco, crumbled
- In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients and toss until they are evenly coated with dressing.
- Slice the warm brisket and cover with BBQ sauce.
- Place the brisket on top of the salad and crumble the queso fresco on top.
Machine Shed Brisket
- 2 cups Machine Shed BBQ sauce
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 10 pounds beef brisket
Machine Shed BBQ Spice Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix together Machine Shed BBQ spice ingredients; add the brown sugar until well blended.
- Place the beef brisket on a cutting board and completely cover all of the brisket with the BBQ spice mixture. Add the hickory wood to the smoker.
- The brisket will smoke 12-14 hours reaching a temperature of 170 degrees. Add extra wood as necessary.
- When the brisket is completely smoked, remove from smoker and cut the deckle away from the top side of the brisket. The flat will be used for more entrée pieces while the deckle can be used for sandwiches. Slice the brisket across the grain and as thin as possible.
- Top with BBQ sauce when plating.
As we are in the season of Lent, everyone’s go-to on Friday’s is a delicious fish-fry. Check out our recipe below for our breaded and fried cod. If you are not up to making it at home, be sure to stop in on Friday’s as it is all you care to eat at the Shed all year...
As we hop closer towards Easter, we thought it would be fun to put together an adorable bunny decoration for your home this holiday! This craft is quick and easy, plus it is something the whole family can do! MATERIALS NEEDED: Wood Board Bunny Stencil Paint...
We are still in full swing of the holiday season - which means tis' the season to bake all of your favorite desserts! This year for your upcoming gathering, try Master Baker Cindy's Holiday Crème Pie. This will become a holiday staple for all of the years to come!...
If you happened to read our last blog post, we re-introduced Master Baker Cindy from the Rockford Shed. In our Easy As Pie e-Book, she provided tips on how to make the best pie crust, which will come in handy for the upcoming holidays! If you don't have time to bake...
Let us re-introduce Cindy, our Master Baker at the Machine Shed since 1994. We interviewed her in our Easy As Pie e-Book back in 2016. One of our patrons then claimed, "There’s nothing ‘as American as apple pie.’ Fruity, tart, cream filled or savory – at The Shed, we...
We have officially entered holiday season which is the time for good company, good times, and of course good food. For your upcoming gathering, try out a new dessert recipe that everyone will enjoy - the Spicy Sweet Potato Pie. This dessert will become apart of all...
We are in the midst of fall and with that comes apple cider, autumn leaves and you can probably guess it...pumpkins! What better way to repurpose those wine corks that you may have lying around then by making a decorative pumpkin that is perfect for the season! Follow...
It is almost time to wrap up Pork Month here at Machine Shed and we are sad to see it go! We hope you all were able to come enjoy our Porktober features - but if not check out our blog for the Sweet & Smoky Pork Loin and the Pork Pioneer recipes! To step along...
Join us for a SPUDTACULAR event! The Big Idaho Potato Truck will be at the Urbandale Machine Shed Restaurant on Tuesday, October 26 from 1PM – 7PM with a 4 TON POTATO delivery! There will be tractor rides from 3PM-6PM, games, giveaways, and a live radio segment from...