Machine Shed Blog
We are still in full swing of the holiday season – which means tis’ the season to bake all of your favorite desserts! This year for your upcoming gathering, try Master Baker Cindy’s Holiday Crème Pie. This will become a holiday staple for all of the years to come! Make sure to check other great recipes, along with some tips and trick in our Easy As Pie E-Book.
If you aren’t in the mood to bake this year, make sure to order your holiday pie to go. View our order form on the Machine Shed website.
- 8 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 Ritz® crackers, crushed
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup pecan pieces
- 6 ounce whipped topping
- 1 cup pineapple, crushed & drained
- pink food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰.
2. Whip egg whites on medium-low speed until stiff.
3. Gradually add sugar until well blended. Scrape bowl once and mix again.
4. Add salt and vanilla.
5. Crush Ritz® crackers and fold into mixture by hand.
6. Gently place into a well-greased pie tin. Work mixture evenly across bottom and sides of pie tin.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until done and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool (Must be very cool before adding filling).
1. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with paddle on low.
2. Scrape bowl.
3. Add pink food coloring and beat on medium low speed till smooth, creamy and well blended. (Filling should be light pink in color).
4. Spread filling on top of pie crust.
5. Sprinkle pineapple evenly over top of pie. Using pastry bag, top pie with whipped cream. Sprinkle top of pie with pecan pieces.
If you happened to read our last blog post, we re-introduced Master Baker Cindy from the Rockford Shed. In our Easy As Pie e-Book, she provided tips on how to make the best pie crust, which will come in handy for the upcoming holidays! If you don't have time to bake...
Let us re-introduce Cindy, our Master Baker at the Machine Shed since 1994. We interviewed her in our Easy As Pie e-Book back in 2016. One of our patrons then claimed, "There’s nothing ‘as American as apple pie.’ Fruity, tart, cream filled or savory – at The Shed, we...
We have officially entered holiday season which is the time for good company, good times, and of course good food. For your upcoming gathering, try out a new dessert recipe that everyone will enjoy - the Spicy Sweet Potato Pie. This dessert will become apart of all...
We are in the midst of fall and with that comes apple cider, autumn leaves and you can probably guess it...pumpkins! What better way to repurpose those wine corks that you may have lying around then by making a decorative pumpkin that is perfect for the season! Follow...
It is almost time to wrap up Pork Month here at Machine Shed and we are sad to see it go! We hope you all were able to come enjoy our Porktober features - but if not check out our blog for the Sweet & Smoky Pork Loin and the Pork Pioneer recipes! To step along...
Join us for a SPUDTACULAR event! The Big Idaho Potato Truck will be at the Urbandale Machine Shed Restaurant on Tuesday, October 26 from 1PM – 7PM with a 4 TON POTATO delivery! There will be tractor rides from 3PM-6PM, games, giveaways, and a live radio segment from...
October has Machine Shed already excited for Thanksgiving, so we owe it to our pioneers for Pork Month! Explore new territory in your kitchen with our Pork Pioneer recipe. Simple to cook and easy on the wallet, this comforting dish is perfect for a cold fall day!...
Happy Porktober! It is one of our favorite months of the year here at Machine Shed - Pork Month! For the whole month of October, we will be featuring some of our signature pork month recipes that have always been a guest-favorite! Try making this delicious recipe at...
The Wisconsin Machine Shed is heading to the EAA Airshow in Oshkosh again this year and will be located at the Hangar Café! This will be the 9th annual year that Machine Shed has participated at EAA and we look forward to another year. We will be serving all of your...