It’s no secret we love pork – and seeing how it is National Pork Month we decided to try out this delicious Honey Garlic Pork Chop recipe. We have to say, the sauce alone is absolutely fantastic. You could even use chicken in this recipe if you prefer it over pork.This meal pairs nicely with any type of potato, rice, vegetable or salad. With how hectic life can be, this recipe made for a quick and delicious dinner that the whole family enjoyed.
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4-1″ thick)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- To make the glass, whisk the honey, lemon juice, minced garlic, and soy sauce together in a bowl, or shake it up in a jar. (This step can be done ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to cook the pork chops.)
- Heat 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil in a large (12″) skillet over medium to medium-high heat, until the oil shimmers.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Carefully add them to the skillet and let them brown (3-4 minutes).
- When they’re nicely browned on the first side, flip them over and sear the second side, 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the glaze. Use a spatula to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the skillet and stir them into the glaze.
- Allow the chops to simmer until cooked through, about 4-8 minutes, depending on their thickness.
- When the chops are done (see notes below on temperature), remove them to a plate.
- Continue to simmer the glaze until it’s thick enough for a spatula to leave a momentary trail if you scrape the bottom of the pan (about the consistency of pancake syrup).
- Pour the glaze directly over the chops on the serving plate, or serve it on the side!
- SPECIAL NOTE: Pork needs to be cooked to 145*, but the pork chops will continue to cook after they’ve been removed from the pan, so if they’re in the neighborhood of 130* when you take their temperature (pick up a chop with tongs and insert a meat thermometer through the side of the chop), it’s safe to take them out of the pan. Or, cut into one of the chops – I look for the center to be barely pink so they can cook the rest of the way as they rest.
There are so many reasons to fall in love with fall, but Apple Cider is a definitely one of them. We found a recipe from Almost Supermom that is a definite must-try! I mean, look how delicious it looks. Do yourselves a favor and make this recipe at home!...read more
For most people when they think of October they think of costumes and candy - but here at the Machine Shed we think of pork! That’s right, October, or as we like to call it Porktober, is National Pork Month, so put away the pumpkins and bring on the bacon! Since it is...read more
As the weather starts to cool down and the leaves start to change one thing is on everyone’s mind, tailgating season! Though everyone might disagree on which team to cheer for everyone can agree that every successful tailgate is formed with...read more
Just when you thought barbeque sauce couldn’t get any better, we have a surprise for you. We are proud to introduce our NEW signature Machine Shed Barbeque Sauce! It is available for purchase in every Machine Shed Gift Shop and you can take it home for...read more
As most of you may know, in 1978 we opened our first Machine Shed restaurant on the outskirts of Davenport, IA - so that makes this year our 40th Anniversary. Each month we have been featuring a different promotion and for the month of September we will be giving away...read more
Not only do we LOVE eggs here at the Machine Shed, but we also love that is is National Breakfast Month. If you love eggs as much as we do than come in and say ‘I love eggs!’ to get an extra one for FREE! Eggs are always an EGGcellent choice to kick start your morning...read more
Here at the Machine Shed we know the only thing better than a day off of work or school is a cookout on a day off from work or school. Labor day is just around the corner so it is time to pull out the grill and prepare for a celebration with your family and friends!...read more
You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe, but the Machine Shed says nutritional value! That’s right, this time of the year is when tomatoes are at their peak. Tomatoes are loaded with vitamin C and lycopene. Lycopene is an antioxidant that, when eaten, helps...read more
Hey Machine Shed Patrons! Who wants a chance to win a FREE Machine Shed shirt? Well here it is! Comment below to tell us what your favorite thing is about the Machine Shed. We will choose 5 winners on Monday, August 27th so make sure to check back to see...read more
With the end of August comes the beginning of the school year! This can be an exciting and nerve racking time for both kids and parents. With never ending to do lists and getting in the hang of a new schedule, things can get kind of hectic. One simple...read more