Machine Shed Blog
Overnight Bacon Casserole
Are you on the lookout for a great addition to your Mother’s Day brunch? Then you’re in luck – we’ve got a casserole recipe that you are going to want to try! The best part? You can prep it the night before and simply pop it in the oven the next morning for a hassle-free start to your day. Trust us, you’re sure to make this Mother’s Day one to remember.
And if you’re eager to discover more mouth-watering recipes, we’ve got you covered. Check out our Machine Shed Cookbook, filled with an array of all-time favorites that will have you cooking up a storm in no time. Don’t forget to stop by our gift shop to snag your very own copy, plus one for Mom!
- 1 pound bacon, sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Cut the bacon strips crosswise into pieces that are about half an inch wide. Cook the bacon pieces in a frying pan over medium heat until they’re crispy. Once done, blot the cooked bacon with paper towels to remove any excess grease, and then discard any accumulated bacon fat.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices, and set them aside for another use.
- Cut the bread slices into cubes, and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the milk, cheese, and mustard until everything is well combined.
- Gently stir the cooked bacon and bread cubes into the egg mixture until everything is evenly distributed, then spoon the mixture into a buttered 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
- The next day, remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake the casserole uncovered in the preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted midway between the center and outer edge comes out clean.
Caramel Apple Bacon Pork Loin
Sadly, Pork Month is coming to an end here at Machine Shed so we hope that you were able to stop in sometime this month to enjoy our Porktober features. If you missed them, you can check out our blogs from last year's features for the Pork Pioneer recipe. This year we...
DIY Fall Vase
Looking for a quick, fun, and easy DIY project for your fall home decor? Then try making your very own mason jar vase - all you need are these simple things listed below and then you are ready to start! What You Will Need: Two Acrylic Paints (we chose to use white and...
Recipes For Your Last Summer Harvest
It is officially autumn, which means crisp cool air, leaves will start changing their colors and of course, garden harvest is coming to an end. To save the very last of your fresh produce, we have shared some more of our favorite recipes below. To learn all you need...
Cucumbers & Tomatoes & Onions, OH MY!
It's that time of year when summer is coming to an end and you have to harvest the remaining produce in your garden. You might be asking yourself though, what should I do with all of what is left? Well, we are here to give you a few recipes along with some tips &...
Patriotic Bandana Wreath
It is almost July which means we will all be celebrating our independence in just a matter of days by wearing our red, white and blue! But have you thought about how you will be decorating your house in those patriotic colors as well? If not, try out this quick and...
Dang! Root Beer Braised Pork Sandwich
When we think of summer we think of sunny days, family gatherings and of course a BBQ with good food! Which is why our Dang! Root Beer Braised Pork Sandwiches come straight to mind. We know that your guests will want to get their hands on this sandwich in your...
Garden Planting 101
Are you looking forward to having the perfect garden this summer? If yes, we would love to share some of our favorite tips and tricks with you as to how to maintain a successful garden, whether you have a green thumb or not! For more gardening tips, make sure to check...
Machine Shed BBQ Brisket Salad
May is National Salad Month and we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than sharing the Machine Shed's BBQ Brisket Salad recipe. Try it at home or stop into the Shed and give it a try! You can also find this recipe, along with many other Shed favorites in the...
Fish Fry Friday!
As we are in the season of Lent, everyone’s go-to on Friday’s is a delicious fish-fry. Check out our recipe below for our breaded and fried cod. If you are not up to making it at home, be sure to stop in on Friday’s as it is all you care to eat at the Shed all year...