As we are amid the season of Lent, you may be in search of a new delicious fish recipe to try at home. Well, look no further! This simple salmon and asparagus recipe is one you just have to try.
- 2 sheets of aluminum foil (12-inch by 9-inch)
- 2 (5-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 pound of asparagus
- 1 small onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Ground black pepper
- Seasoning salt or salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Cut the ends off your asparagus (roughly an inch) and slice your onion into thin pieces leaving them as circular as possible. Divide your asparagus and onion into two equal portions.
- Lay your two foil pieces onto a baking sheet and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Place a salmon fillet in the middle of each foil piece. Line the asparagus evenly on each side of the salmon fillet and put a few of the onion rings on top of the fillet.
- Drizzle the fillet with lemon juice and sprinkle minced garlic, ground pepper and salt/seasoning salt as desired.
- Bring up both sides of the foil and fold them over each other into a boat-like shape. Leave the ends of the foil open a little bit so air can circulate.
- Cook in the oven for 15-17 minutes. The salmon should be opaque when done. Be careful when opening the foil as the steam will be very hot.
- Enjoy your meal!