Looking for a quick, fun, and easy DIY project for your fall home decor? Then try making your very own mason jar vase – all you need are these simple things listed below and then you are ready to start!
What You Will Need:
- Two Acrylic Paints (we chose to use white and orange)
- Mason Jar
- Paint Brush
- Painter’s Tape
- White Chalk Paint (optional)
How To Make Your Vase:
- Choose one of your two colors and paint the entire outside of the mason jar. For a less streaky look, use chalk paint. (In our example, we chose to use white.)
- Place the painter’s tape in vertical stripes around the body of the mason jar. Be sure to leave about the width of the tape in between each piece of tape. Next, use your second paint color to paint within these lines. (In our example, we choose to use orange.)
- After your vertical stripes are done drying, remove the vertical pieces of tape and begin placing the horizontal stripes of tape around the body of the jar. Try to keep the stripes the same distance apart when placing them on the jar. Then begin painting with your second color choice. Once dry, remove the tape.
- To add the finishing touch, wrap the top of the jar in twine and put in your favorite arrangement bundle for display.