October has Machine Shed already excited for Thanksgiving, so we owe it to our pioneers for Pork Month! Explore new territory in your kitchen with our Pork Pioneer recipe. Simple to cook and easy on the wallet, this comforting dish is perfect for a cold fall day!
- 2 pounds peeled pork tenderloins, cut into 1 ounce medallions
- 2 pounds home-style egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kitchen bouquet
- 1 pint heavy cream
- parsley for garnish
- Precook pork medallions in a large saucepan. Remove and set aside.
- Cook egg noodles per package instructions.
- Add butter and garlic to the pork drippings and simmer for one minute. Next, add in the flour and blend well. Add all remaining ingredients and cook until reduced by 1/4 volume.
- Divide noodles and place on 4 large plates. Top with 5 large precooked pork medallions slightly overlapping one another.
- Top off the dish with 1/4 cup of herb sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!