It is one of our favorite months of the year here at Machine Shed – Pork Month! For the whole month of October, we will be featuring some of our signature pork month recipes that have always been a guest-favorite! Try making this delicious recipe at home for the family to enjoy or stop into the Machine Shed this month and we will cook it up for you!
Sweet & Smokey Pork Loin
- 8 oz. seasoned pork loin with smoky seasoning
- Wild rice medley
- Seasonal vegetables
- 2 cup of raisins
- 8 cups of cranberry juice
- 4 cups of maple syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 4 packets of apple cider drink mix
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of all spice
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Pork loin must be pre-seasoned for at least 12 hours.
- Smoke the loin for 1 hour at 225° until internal temperature reaches 145°.
- Cook wild rice per the package instructions.
- Make the cranberry rum glaze by combining the last 7 ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Bring liquid to a low simmer to reduce the sauce by about half to a nice syrup glaze consistency. Be sure to not over reduce. If this happens, you can fix by adding more water to get the proper consistency. Add raisins to the sauce at the very end. Do not cook raisins as they will break down in the sauce.
- Once pork is cooked, slice the pork into 4- 2 oz. slices and fan over a 6 oz. portion of wild rice medley. Top the pork with a 3 oz. portion of the house-made cranberry rum glaze. Serve with seasonal veggies.