With Christmas lists forming and advertisements flowing, the stress of Holiday shopping may begin to sneak up on you. Do not let buying gifts ruin your Holiday spirit. Instead follow some of these quick tips to make your shopping spree easy and filled with joy.
- Do not go to the store without first making a list. If you do not know what you want before you enter a store the abundance of merchandise may be overwhelming. You will also end up spending too much time and money. If an item you did not put on your list seems desirable there is a good chance it is a want more than a need and caving into one “want” opens a never-ending cycle.
- Set a time-frame and a budget. This goes hand in hand with our first tip. Gift shopping is all about the thought; do not break your bank. Make sure you know how much you are able to and comfortable with spending before going. Also your time is precious so spend it wisely. Do not aimlessly wander a store. This also tends to lead to budget issues.
- Do not buy something just because it is on “sale.” More often than not when shopping in the sale section we end up with purchases we do not really want or need. Sale items also do add up. Instead of spending $10 on three items you think are just okay, spend $30 on one thing you really like or save the money all-together. Quality over quantity is the key.
- When shopping for you, always try items on and snap a picture in the dressing room. Taking a picture of yourself in an outfit will give you a better understanding of how others will see you. Trying items on also lets you avoid the process of returning an item. Think about throwing a brush and some lip gloss in your purse before shopping. This will allow you to see how it will look when you wear it for events.
- Sign up for email lists to your favorite stores. This will allow you to be updated with any coupons or deals that may be going on. Consider signing up for store emails on a side email not your main one so your inbox is not bombarded with emails.
These are just 5 quick tips that come to mind for us when we think about shopping, especially during the busy Holiday season. We hope you remember these tips when looking for presents or even shopping for holiday party outfits. We hope these help relieve some of your shopping stress so you can enjoy the most wonderful time of the year!
It’s no secret we love pork – and seeing how it is National Pork Month we decided to try out this delicious Honey Garlic Pork Chop recipe. We have to say, the sauce alone is absolutely fantastic. You could even use chicken in this recipe if you prefer it...read more
There are so many reasons to fall in love with fall, but Apple Cider is a definitely one of them. We found a recipe from Almost Supermom that is a definite must-try! I mean, look how delicious it looks. Do yourselves a favor and make this recipe at home!...read more
For most people when they think of October they think of costumes and candy - but here at the Machine Shed we think of pork! That’s right, October, or as we like to call it Porktober, is National Pork Month, so put away the pumpkins and bring on the bacon! Since it is...read more
As the weather starts to cool down and the leaves start to change one thing is on everyone’s mind, tailgating season! Though everyone might disagree on which team to cheer for everyone can agree that every successful tailgate is formed with...read more
Just when you thought barbeque sauce couldn’t get any better, we have a surprise for you. We are proud to introduce our NEW signature Machine Shed Barbeque Sauce! It is available for purchase in every Machine Shed Gift Shop and you can take it home for...read more
As most of you may know, in 1978 we opened our first Machine Shed restaurant on the outskirts of Davenport, IA - so that makes this year our 40th Anniversary. Each month we have been featuring a different promotion and for the month of September we will be giving away...read more
Not only do we LOVE eggs here at the Machine Shed, but we also love that is is National Breakfast Month. If you love eggs as much as we do than come in and say ‘I love eggs!’ to get an extra one for FREE! Eggs are always an EGGcellent choice to kick start your morning...read more
Here at the Machine Shed we know the only thing better than a day off of work or school is a cookout on a day off from work or school. Labor day is just around the corner so it is time to pull out the grill and prepare for a celebration with your family and friends!...read more
You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe, but the Machine Shed says nutritional value! That’s right, this time of the year is when tomatoes are at their peak. Tomatoes are loaded with vitamin C and lycopene. Lycopene is an antioxidant that, when eaten, helps...read more
Hey Machine Shed Patrons! Who wants a chance to win a FREE Machine Shed shirt? Well here it is! Comment below to tell us what your favorite thing is about the Machine Shed. We will choose 5 winners on Monday, August 27th so make sure to check back to see...read more