We are heading straight into the holiday season – which means pie season is upon us! This classic pecan pie is the perfect dessert to serve at any holiday gathering this year. You can also check out our blogs from last year, we shared our Spicy Sweet Potato Pie and our Holiday Crème Pie recipes. Be sure to look into our Easy As Pie E-Book as well which has many helpful baking tips and tricks!
If you are looking for a way to get out of baking this year, call the Machine Shed to order your pie to-go. Visit our website for details!
- 1 ¼ cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons Crisco®
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of dark corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, chilled, cut into ¼ – inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups of chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Batter the Crisco® over the flour mix. Cut the Crisco® into the flour mix using five, one-second pulses.
- Turn the dough mixture into a medium bowl, add 3 tablespoons of cold water and knead the dough until it comes together and shape into a
- Wrap the dough ball airtight with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator 30 minutes before rolling.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk vigorously and add all of the ingredients, except the pecans.
- Roll out the pastry dough evenly to fit a 9-inch pie pan.
- Layer into the pan and trim, leaving a ½ inch for overlap.
- Fold in the excess dough and crimp.
- Toss the chopped pecans into the filling and pour the filling into the pie
- Bake the pie at 425° for 10 minutes and reduce to 375°. Bake for another 20 minutes.